Slow Draft Team Grade?

TheKing

Slow Draft Team Grade?

Post by TheKing » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:55 am

All,

My buddy and I teamed up for a Draft Champion Team. We are working our way toward a trip to NFBC main event but we both got young kids so we're doing some online drafts for now. Anyway, would love some feedback on our draft. We drafted from the 10 spot. We tried to stay fairly balanced throughout the draft and looked for value in picks. We went after lot of depth at SP because of no-pickups and we both were burned in pitching over the years in fantasy.

C: Molina, Avila, Zunino, Norris
1B: A. Gonzalez, Howard, M. Gomez
2B: Kipnis, K. Johnson, Descalso (3B as well)
SS: A. Escobar, Hardy, E. Johnson, H. Lee
3B: Seager, Polanco, N. Castellanos, Frandsen
OF: Cargo, Trumbo (1B as well), Pence, Ludwick, D. Brown, Joyce, O. Taveras, Presley, Boesch, Berry, X. Paul, J. Schafer
SP: Strasburg, Lee, A. Sanchez, Parker, Romero, MacDonald, Bucholtz, Detwiler, Volquez, Turner, Diamond, Erlin
RP: Nathan, Axford, Soria, Frasor, Henderson, McGee, B. Morris, Furbush

Let me know!
"When your strategy is deep and far reaching, what you gain by your calculations can allow you to win before you fight."

JohnP

Re: Slow Draft Team Grade?

Post by JohnP » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:27 am

I would give this team two grades. An "O" and a "F". At least you will have an OF then.

All kidding aside.....you will need your first 5 OF to stay healthy. One would like to have a bit better depth there for a 45 man roster league format. Sometimes these draft champion leagues are more a war of which team puts up the most AB and IP versus the talent. I am always amazed at how good I feel about a team one day and three weeks later I am wondering what I was thinking when I drafted said team.

gpchurchill

Post by gpchurchill » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:28 pm

TheKing wrote:All,

My buddy and I teamed up for a Draft Champion Team. We are working our way toward a trip to NFBC main event but we both got young kids so we're doing some online drafts for now. Anyway, would love some feedback on our draft. We drafted from the 10 spot. We tried to stay fairly balanced throughout the draft and looked for value in picks. We went after lot of depth at SP because of no-pickups and we both were burned in pitching over the years in fantasy.

C: Molina, Avila, Zunino, Norris
1B: A. Gonzalez, Howard, M. Gomez
2B: Kipnis, K. Johnson, Descalso (3B as well)
SS: A. Escobar, Hardy, E. Johnson, H. Lee
3B: Seager, Polanco, N. Castellanos, Frandsen
OF: Cargo, Trumbo (1B as well), Pence, Ludwick, D. Brown, Joyce, O. Taveras, Presley, Boesch, Berry, X. Paul, J. Schafer
SP: Strasburg, Lee, A. Sanchez, Parker, Romero, MacDonald, Bucholtz, Detwiler, Volquez, Turner, Diamond, Erlin
RP: Nathan, Axford, Soria, Frasor, Henderson, McGee, B. Morris, Furbush

Let me know!
B-. you are seriously short speed and needed to address that issue in the reserves. you could be at batting average risk and with your lack of sb, you needed to be a plus in average. i hope a couple of the arms in the back end of your staff work out, there is potential there to have plus results in all pitching cats.
next time, i would devote a couple more early reserve picks to quality bats.

Schwks

Post by Schwks » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:26 pm

I like this team a lot and think it has a good chance. Post back here during the season to let us know how you make out.
schwanks.blogspot.com
Little Bits mostly non-related to fantasy sports...alright maybe a little

TheKing

Post by TheKing » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:47 pm

Thanks for feedback and advice guys. We'll see how our season goes. We will definitely have fun this season!
"When your strategy is deep and far reaching, what you gain by your calculations can allow you to win before you fight."

TheKing

Post by TheKing » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:01 pm

B-. you are seriously short speed and needed to address that issue in the reserves. you could be at batting average risk and with your lack of sb, you needed to be a plus in average. i hope a couple of the arms in the back end of your staff work out, there is potential there to have plus results in all pitching cats.
next time, i would devote a couple more early reserve picks to quality bats.[/quote]

Based on HQ projections we are at 132 swipes. Not quite the 155 we targeted, but I don't feel like we are seriously short. Hopefully, Dom Brown realizes his potential and can provide a few more than HQ's modest projection. If he does, we should be able to finish above the median in bags.

Thanks again for the feedback. Really looking forward to the start of the season!