What does everyone think about the new Boards?

Money

What does everyone think about the new Boards?

Post by Money » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:00 pm

Just wondering. Spend most of my free time over at the football boards which haven't changed. Just wondered how everyone liked these.
Joe

rockitsauce

Re: What does everyone think about the new Boards?

Post by rockitsauce » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:32 pm

people instinctively resist change...I liked the old boards better, but that was b/c they were FAMILIAR to me. I can deal w/ learning my way around the new MB. My main gripe is the spammers have not been eliminated and in fact are worse. I registered here in March of 07 and I don't remember seeing the spamming crap until the last few mo's of the old MB's existence. This new MB isn't a month old and we're already under attack... :evil: this is a concern.

btw, I thought it was a ghost town around here til I found Doughboy's secret thread :mrgreen: I see it began rt when the season ended and here it is December 10th and I just now came across it.....guess I was too busy making sure I finished DEAD LAST in the '41 - '11 all timer :oops:

keep it up Big D!
Always be closing.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:36 am

Money wrote:Just wondering. Spend most of my free time over at the football boards which haven't changed. Just wondered how everyone liked these.
They seem worse if that's possible. You come on in the morning and see 15 new spam threads... It doesn't quite make a good first impression to a newcomer.

Hells Satans

Post by Hells Satans » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:03 am

The spam needs to be dealt with ASAP. People come to the MB to learn about the league and decide whether they want to pay. The spam makes this look like a joke

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:03 am

Greg,
Is there a way to ELIMINATE the spammers? Like Jupinka said, it doesn't inspire confidence for newbies when they see spam threads (and lots of them).

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:04 am

Hells Satans wrote:The spam needs to be dealt with ASAP. People come to the MB to learn about the league and decide whether they want to pay. The spam makes this look like a joke
ding. ding.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:23 am

Quahogs wrote:
Money wrote:Just wondering. Spend most of my free time over at the football boards which haven't changed. Just wondered how everyone liked these.
They seem worse if that's possible. You come on in the morning and see 15 new spam threads... It doesn't quite make a good first impression to a newcomer.
Yeah, the new boards were designed to stop that and we do have two steps in place now to make people work to join our boards. The 12 spam threads this morning were done manually by someone, actually two user names. We may have to force every new member to be approved again, which is very difficult and time consuming but it might be the only way. We prevented the automatic spammers from filling up our boards and now we have people taking the time to manually put them on before we can delete their accounts.

It's frustrating. We'll have to deal with it again just like before, which means it will be a tougher process for people to get approved for the NFBC boards. Bummer and a shame that people would do this. It's the same pharmaceutical message, like anyone here needs drugs. ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:04 am

Okay, we put that approval process in place. It should solve the spam problem, but will make it tougher for new users to get right on the boards. If you have any troubles, contact Tom at [email protected].
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:02 pm

Ok, for me the new format isn't as user friendly as the previous. I'd like to think I adapt to change in life pretty well. I have to give it some time.
Joe

Don M

Post by Don M » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:19 pm

I don't like