Gekko

Re: 2013 Award predictions thread

Post by Gekko » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:08 pm

NL comeback player Halladay
AL comeback player Kazmir

Head 2 Head

Post by Head 2 Head » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:13 pm

I am from the Detroit area and went to a few games five years ago when Cabrera first played third for the Tigers. I was dreading his move to third, and vocally proclaimed my expectations of him playing himself into half time DH role before the season even started. I remember him falling down on a routine foul pop up and breaking toward the line on a shot to his left early in the season. He showed a lot of improvement as the season went along. That being said, he was not Brandon Inge in the field, yet only a Gold Glove caliber third base man.

Being at games and watching the Tigers left side infield defense not get near anything and then watch their opponents get to balls the Tiger infielders didn't even move toward, I thought that Peralta and Cabrera did NOT compared favorably to any and their strength (if any) was that both seemed to be able to handle balls hit right at them. Cabrera has a good arm but seemed to take too long to get rid of the ball. They both lacked instincts, had poor reactions (first step) & lacked range IMO.

I find it difficult to believe that anyone watching the same games I did would defensively rank Cabrera even average. It is like when I kept hearing (from the local TV/radio guys) how wonderful defensively Peralta was all season, I heard the numbers and thought of the old axiom "Liars figure and figures lie" :D

As far as awards-
AL MVP Trout
NL MVP CarGo
AL Cy Young Verlander
NL Cy Young Latos
AL ROY Rondon
NL ROY Josh Fields - oops the 'stros are now in the AL :oops:
Last edited by Head 2 Head on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." - Winston Churchill

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:21 pm

Gekko wrote:NL comeback player Halladay
Adam LaRoche MVP?

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:44 pm

Gekko wrote:NL comeback player Halladay
:lol:

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:05 pm

AL Comeback Hitter of the year...

Eric Hosmer finished 3-for-3 with two RBI in the Royals' 9-5 defeat of the Giants on Saturday.

Hosmer hit two doubles and a home run, boosting his Cactus League batting line to .471/.550/.882. He also has seven RBI in seven games. The 23-year-old should make for a great post-hype sleeper in fantasy leagues this season.

Rumors are he adjusted his swing this offseason and focused on hitting the ball the other way.

Expect his ADP to rise very quickly. Remember folks, wiseguys owners were taking him in the 2nd (and even 1st) round last year. His current ADP is a GIFT

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:07 pm

He couldn't have THAT good of a comeback year if Kazmir beats him out for comeback player of the year....
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!