Status Check Update

Tom Kessenich

Status Check Update

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:53 am

Hey folks, I just talked to STATS and we're on schedule for having everything ready to go by 5 p.m. Central time today. STATS is putting together the final corrections and is preparing to mark all of the drafts as final which means you guys will be good to go very shortly.

Thanks for your help and your patience with everything the last few days. Hopefully that's the biggest hurdle we'll have to clear and everything will be smooth sailing from here on out.

Knock on wood.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

nydownunder

Status Check Update

Post by nydownunder » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:44 am

[ March 28, 2005, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: nydownunder ]
Wagga Wagga Dingoes (NY#4)
Luck is where preparation meets opportunity!

Tom Kessenich

Status Check Update

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:18 pm

I just contacted STATS to let them know about this. Hopefully it will be fixed quickly.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

nydownunder

Status Check Update

Post by nydownunder » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:21 pm

[ March 28, 2005, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: nydownunder ]

nydownunder

Status Check Update

Post by nydownunder » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:27 pm

Tom/Greg

It looks good now.

Tom Kessenich

Status Check Update

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:01 pm

STATS said the problem has been fixed. Thanks for your patience everyone.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Rototitan

Status Check Update

Post by Rototitan » Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:09 pm

Tom,

What is the official time and date our rosters needed to be in. I had set my roster yesterday and again this afternoon, and just checked again, and my roster was "Invalid". I know it is only one days worth or stats and I only have one player affected, but if he has a great game, I lose out on those stats, and in these leagues, one hit, hr or run can cost you the championship.

Also, do I need to actually "submit" a roster every week, or can I just leave the roster alone, and it will continue to use the same players week in and week out.

Thx

Return of the Aces

Status Check Update

Post by Return of the Aces » Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:15 pm

Tom,

As a reminder, one of my fellow owners (NY 1, team 7) still has the wrong Vazquez in his lineup "Jorge" instead of "Javier". While, it would be pretty cool to have Javier Vazquez available in the free agent pool, I don't think my colleague will go along with it.

Return of the Aces

Status Check Update

Post by Return of the Aces » Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:16 pm

Originally posted by msamuels:

Tom,

As a reminder, one of the other owners (NY 1, team 7) still has the wrong Vazquez in his lineup "Jorge" instead of "Javier". While, it would be pretty cool to have Javier Vazquez available in the free agent pool, I don't think my colleague will go along with it.

Tom Kessenich

Status Check Update

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:13 am

Originally posted by Rototitan:

Tom,

What is the official time and date our rosters needed to be in. I had set my roster yesterday and again this afternoon, and just checked again, and my roster was "Invalid". I know it is only one days worth or stats and I only have one player affected, but if he has a great game, I lose out on those stats, and in these leagues, one hit, hr or run can cost you the championship.

Also, do I need to actually "submit" a roster every week, or can I just leave the roster alone, and it will continue to use the same players week in and week out.

Thx You can leave your roster alone if you want as long as you are able to submit a legal roster. That's the requirement.

To answer your first question, here is the section from our Rules which explains the procedure: Rosters will be updated by 8 p.m. ET on Sunday with the results of all successful bids and starting lineups for the upcoming week must be finalized five minutes before each game every Monday.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BB of the Leaderboard

Status Check Update

Post by BB of the Leaderboard » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:40 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

Hey folks, I just talked to STATS and we're on schedule for having everything ready to go by 5 p.m. Central time today. STATS is putting together the final corrections and is preparing to mark all of the drafts as final which means you guys will be good to go very shortly.

Thanks for your help and your patience with everything the last few days. Hopefully that's the biggest hurdle we'll have to clear and everything will be smooth sailing from here on out.

Knock on wood. I take it the above does not apply to auction leagues. Will they (specifically LV2) be entered into the system in time for FAAB bids this week? Inquiring minds . . .

B(Shocked that it is 12 days after the auction and this is still not done :eek: :eek: :eek: )B

Greg Ambrosius

Status Check Update

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:45 am

Originally posted by BB of the Leaderboard:

quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

Knock on wood. I take it the above does not apply to auction leagues. Will they (specifically LV2) be entered into the system in time for FAAB bids this week? Inquiring minds . . .

B(Shocked that it is 12 days after the auction and this is still not done :eek: :eek: :eek: )B
[/QUOTE]All of the auction leagues were loaded and up by last weekend. You're not clicking on your 2005 roster properly to view your team or league. Shoot STATS an e-mail at [email protected] or me at [email protected] and we'll get you going immediately. Trust me, we're not loading those leagues up yet. They are done and ready for you to make your FAAB moves.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

BB of the Leaderboard

Status Check Update

Post by BB of the Leaderboard » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:59 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

quote:Originally posted by BB of the Leaderboard:

quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

[/QUOTE]All of the auction leagues were loaded and up by last weekend. You're not clicking on your 2005 roster properly to view your team or league. Shoot STATS an e-mail at [email protected] or me at [email protected] and we'll get you going immediately. Trust me, we're not loading those leagues up yet. They are done and ready for you to make your FAAB moves.
[/QUOTE]I did this all last year without any problems but here are the steps I am taking. Tell me where I am going wrong.

1. Go to nationalfantasybaseballchampionship.com, log into account.

2. On the "My Teams" page, click on my NFBC LV2 Auction team, "Lawyers, Guns and Money". (The link to my NFBC team immediately under this link takes me to my 2005 NFBC team, roster populated, all works fine).

3. On next page I am shown a small block on the left that says "Lawyers, Guns and Money" plus in the middle of the page a series of "Player News" listings for players who are not on my team. I have menu choices Home, League Info, Standings, Leaders, Roster, Stats, Transactions, News, My Settings and Help.

4. I click on the intuitive choice, Rosters. It shows a pull down menu choice (and there is only one) of "Draft results." I click on that and get:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-00936: missing expression

/baseball/trans/set_lineup.asp, line 131

I get either blank screens or equally unhelpful results under all of the other menu tabs. Under transactions I can look at free agent listings that show as 2004 free agents and list every player in the major leagues as free agents.

So, since you are convinced this is a case of operator error, exactly what is it that I'm doing so that I'm not "not clicking on your 2005 roster properly to view your team or league."

B(Still looks to me like the error is at your end and not mine)B

Tom Kessenich

Status Check Update

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:13 am

Bruce, I just went to your home page, clicked on Roster and your lineup appeared. Everything looked good for me. All I did was click on your team page, click Rosters and everything was good to go as far as setting your lineup.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BB of the Leaderboard

Status Check Update

Post by BB of the Leaderboard » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:39 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

Bruce, I just went to your home page, clicked on Roster and your lineup appeared. Everything looked good for me. All I did was click on your team page, click Rosters and everything was good to go as far as setting your lineup. I'm afraid what you see doesn't help me much. Here is what I am now getting under "Roster":

----------------------------------------

Below are the current results of your draft. Use the drop-down menus to view all picks by position, by round or by team.

Chicago League 1 Chicago League 2 Chicago League 3 Chicago League 4 Las Vegas $1,250 AL Auction Las Vegas $1,250 NL Auction 1 Las Vegas $1,250 NL Auction 2 Las Vegas League 1 Las Vegas League 2 Las Vegas League 3 Las Vegas League 4 Las Vegas League 5 Las Vegas League 6 Las Vegas League 7 Las Vegas League 8 Las Vegas League 9 NFBC Ultimate Auction NFBC Ultimate Draft NY/Chicago Mixed Auction NY/Chicago NL Auction New York AL Only Auction New York League 1 New York League 2 New York League 3 New York League 4 New York League 5 New York League 6 New York League 7 Vegas $650 AL Auction Vegas Mixed Auction League 1 Vegas Mixed Auction League 2 Vegas NL Auction - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NFBC Chicago 1 2004 NFBC Chicago 2 2004 NFBC Chicago 3 2004 NFBC Las Vegas 1 2004 NFBC Las Vegas 2 2004 NFBC Las Vegas 3 2004 NFBC Las Vegas 4 2004 NFBC Las Vegas 5 2004 NFBC Las Vegas AL Auction 2004 NFBC Las Vegas NL Auction 2004 NFBC New York 1 2004 NFBC New York 2 2004 NFBC New York 3 2004 NFBC New York 4 2004 NFBC New York 5 2004 NFBC New York AL Auction 2004

All Positions All RoundsRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7Round 8Round 9Round 10Round 11Round 12 All Teams

ROUND PICK PLAYER POS TEAM

No picks were found for this league

------------------------------------------------

Guess you have to be on the inside to see my roster. And this is not just my computer since I get the same sort of thing both from home and at the office.

Dyv

Status Check Update

Post by Dyv » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:41 am

Bruce, using the process you describe above I log into my own teams and everything works fine. Your procedure is accurate.

Dave

[ March 31, 2005, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Dyv ]
Just Some Guy

JerseyPaul

Status Check Update

Post by JerseyPaul » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:45 am

Bruce

That looks like the "draft results" page, not the "set lineup" page.

Tom Kessenich

Status Check Update

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:48 am

Bruce, give me a call at 715 445-4612 ext. 653 if you're still having trouble.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BB of the Leaderboard

Status Check Update

Post by BB of the Leaderboard » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:11 am

Originally posted by JerseyPaul:

Bruce

That looks like the "draft results" page, not the "set lineup" page. Thanks for the suggestions guys -- we are pursuing the problem with TQ Stats. you are right I am seeing the draft results page and not the set lineup page -- that is the problem -- that is the only menu choice I am offered under "Roster". Tom is being very helpful with getting this resolved.

B(Trying to remember that if this is the rain that is going to fall in my life this week, it is pretty mild stuff)B

BB of the Leaderboard

Status Check Update

Post by BB of the Leaderboard » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:50 am

Originally posted by BB of the Leaderboard:

quote:Originally posted by JerseyPaul:

Bruce

That looks like the "draft results" page, not the "set lineup" page. Thanks for the suggestions guys -- we are pursuing the problem with TQ Stats. you are right I am seeing the draft results page and not the set lineup page -- that is the problem -- that is the only menu choice I am offered under "Roster". Tom is being very helpful with getting this resolved.

B(Trying to remember that if this is the rain that is going to fall in my life this week, it is pretty mild stuff)B
[/QUOTE]All is fixed now. Thanks!!

B(But I had forgotten the big holes in that squad :eek: :( :eek: )B

[ March 31, 2005, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: BB of the Leaderboard ]

Tom Kessenich

Status Check Update

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:51 am

Glad it got worked out Bruce.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Status Check Update

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:51 am

Oh and STATS Inc is our partner, not TQ Stats. Just an FYI.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich