Pitcher meltdowns today......

eddiejag

Post by eddiejag » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:52 pm

Originally posted by Paul Gromek:

watching Garza pitch today made me want to give up fantasy baseball Yeah i have Garza everywhere and watching him go 3 and 2 to thre hitters in the first inning and of course walking them all and then go full count to Stanton you knew the home run bomb was coming,YUP.hE SUCKED TONIGHT and im happy they took the bum out and Sonnistine left two of his runners on base. YEAH.

Hey on another note its looking like Gavin Floyd is back another real good game. :mad:
EDWARD J GILLIS

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:59 pm

Originally posted by eddiejag:

quote:Originally posted by Paul Gromek:

watching Garza pitch today made me want to give up fantasy baseball Yeah i have Garza everywhere and watching him go 3 and 2 to thre hitters in the first inning and of course walking them all and then go full count to Stanton you knew the home run bomb was coming,YUP.hE SUCKED TONIGHT and im happy they took the bum out and Sonnistine left two of his runners on base. YEAH.

Hey on another note its looking like Gavin Floyd is back another real good game. :mad:
[/QUOTE]Hey Eddie, the squirrel found a nut and I actually benched Garza in our league. That start scared me since he's not pitching that great lately anyway.

-Craig
We drove 22 miles, country around Farmington. Signs started appearing. THE MOST PHOTOGRAPHED BARN IN AMERICA. Cars,tour bus,cameras;postcards sold.

No one sees the barn,

They are taking pictures of taking pictures
-Don DeLillo
@Sebadiah23, IG:sebadiah26

whipsaw

Post by whipsaw » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:56 pm

Anyone have the Slowey/Lidge combo platter?

whipsaw

Post by whipsaw » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:57 pm

Originally posted by whipsaw:

Anyone have the Slowey/Lidge combo platter? With a side of Ted Lilly?

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:16 pm

I didn't feel good about Slowey and could have played S Baker instead this week! ugghh...

But I did have C Lewis... stud this year!
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

eddiejag

Post by eddiejag » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:47 am

Originally posted by rkulaski:

I didn't feel good about Slowey and could have played S Baker instead this week! ugghh...

But I did have C Lewis... stud this year! I did get this one right as i sat Slowey in both my main events.Sometimes you guess right just wish i had that feeling on Garza.
EDWARD J GILLIS

JEagle

Post by JEagle » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Corpas....or corpse the way he pitched
Sometimes I'm good and sometimes I'm bad....but I always try real hard.

Joe Sambito

Post by Joe Sambito » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:55 am

Rockies plan on having an afternoon intra-squad scrimmage today. Manager Jim Tracy plans to start Manny Corpas. "We'll keep his pitches down, probably only let him throw 40-50. that way he'll be fresh for the Red Sox, tomorrow night."
"Everyone is born right-handed, only the greatest overcome it."

whipsaw

Post by whipsaw » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:49 pm

Cecil checking in tonight... I *think* I only started him in one league.

Spartacus

Post by Spartacus » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:03 pm

Hanson looked pretty 'special' through two as well :eek: As for Wade Davis? Two words come to mind: Bus Tickets
bob

swampass

Post by swampass » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:39 am

Originally posted by Spartacus:

Hanson looked pretty 'special' through two as well :eek: As for Wade Davis? Two words come to mind: Bus Tickets as a Hellickson owner... CALL HIM UP! crash davis is toast.

whipsaw

Post by whipsaw » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:44 pm

you knew Ubaldo would happen eventually

Top Dawg

Post by Top Dawg » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:46 am

Maholm... well he sort of sucks anyway; but 7 runs (5 earned) in 1 inning is not helping anyone. Neither is a WHIP of 11 for that inning. Ouch.
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.

whipsaw

Post by whipsaw » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:54 am

6 and counting through 2 for Cain, still sick #s overall

Hard Heads

Post by Hard Heads » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:04 pm

Originally posted by whipsaw:

6 and counting through 2 for Cain, still sick #s overall on our super team we had 4 starts today, gallardo and morrow 17ip 0er 2wins 20 k's and we also had kazmir and cain...ouch
Hard Heads

eddiejag

Post by eddiejag » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:17 am

Originally posted by Hard Heads:

quote:Originally posted by whipsaw:

6 and counting through 2 for Cain, still sick #s overall on our super team we had 4 starts today, gallardo and morrow 17ip 0er 2wins 20 k's and we also had kazmir and cain...ouch [/QUOTE]I have Morrow on my bench in 2 leagues,he's proven to me that he's ready for fulltime starts. :mad:
EDWARD J GILLIS

Hard Heads

Post by Hard Heads » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:30 am

Originally posted by eddiejag:

quote:Originally posted by Hard Heads:

quote:Originally posted by whipsaw:

6 and counting through 2 for Cain, still sick #s overall on our super team we had 4 starts today, gallardo and morrow 17ip 0er 2wins 20 k's and we also had kazmir and cain...ouch [/QUOTE]I have Morrow on my bench in 2 leagues,he's proven to me that he's ready for fulltime starts. :mad:
[/QUOTE]yeah eddie we had him benched for his three start run to start this streak against tb, nyy, etc an said after that he is a must start. let's hope he keeps it up.
Hard Heads

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:06 am

zambrano tops 'em all. ya- those games against the sox don't matter much to cub fans carlos. he has requested a trade to a team that "does not make errors". seattle likes the cubs psychos- trade him there.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:09 pm

Originally posted by headhunters:

zambrano tops 'em all. ya- those games against the sox don't matter much to cub fans carlos. he has requested a trade to a team that "does not make errors". seattle likes the cubs psychos- trade him there. As being reported, the Z blowup was way overblown. Nothing approaching a fight with D Lee, he was just upset and yelling. In reality, very controlled in comparison to the old Z.

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:45 pm

well kj- the cubs suspended him and i just listened to hendry and lou- they don't think it was overblown. i think your carlos man crush needs to end. he is not a pro and not a good pitcher anymore- period.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:24 pm

Originally posted by headhunters:

well kj- the cubs suspended him and i just listened to hendry and lou- they don't think it was overblown. i think your carlos man crush needs to end. he is not a pro and not a good pitcher anymore- period. To the contrary, I'd say a perfectly orchestrated series of events to frustrate him into wanting out of Chicago ... as I suggested months ago. I think many players with half Zambrano's competitiveness and temper would want out after how they've treated him.

The reaction by Pinella and Hendry today, their comments to the media ... this is what they needed to get rid of him, the final straw in making him want out.

FYI - Pinella has probably had dozens of blowups worse than what Z showed today - and many of them at twice his age, no less - yet Pinella is talking to the media about how embarrassing this was. Well played Lou, well played. ;) I hope he is next to go.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:32 pm

Along with Lou, I'd dump Soriano, D Lee, Aramis, Fuku, Baker and Theriot.

Call Sandberg up from AAA to manage, bring Vitters with him to play 3b, move Nady to 1b and target an upside LF and 2b in trade.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:57 pm

Anyone start Edwin Jackson 2nite?

Money

Post by Money » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:48 pm

Originally posted by Gekko:

Anyone start Edwin Jackson 2nite? I posted Monday night that I had him on my bench. If I hadn't gone out to dinner on a 3 game day, I'd have found out that Hughes wasn't starting this week and would have played him. I thought it could go either way with him on the road in Tampa Bay. Oh Well.....
Joe

whipsaw

Post by whipsaw » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:51 am

quite a few rough outings by good pitchers today... danks, hanson, garcia, cecil, baker

i hope no one was unlucky enough to have all five