Pujols - earliest and latest selection?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:21 pm

Losing a win??? I know u are new to baseball, but a pitcher needs 5 innings in the book to be considered for a win. Wainwright didn't have that. And if u think a win was "in the bank", please look at all the twists and turns in today's games. U may begin with mr verlander. ;)

Rey

Post by Rey » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:26 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:

Not too many things worse than a HR getting wiped out by a postponed game. Sorry, Pujols owners... The saddness of losing that HR is balanced by the happiness of losing Francis' awful 5 ER's in 2+IP (I own both of em). I was pulling for the raindrops!

billywaz

Post by billywaz » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:37 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

Losing a win??? I know u are new to baseball, but a pitcher needs 5 innings in the book to be considered for a win. Wainwright didn't have that. And if u think a win was "in the bank", please look at all the twists and turns in today's games. U may begin with mr verlander. ;) Read the bold my friend... ;)

I think losing a win is up there, as I had Wainwright (who was well on his way) in TWO leagues!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:39 pm

Originally posted by billywaz:

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

Losing a win??? I know u are new to baseball, but a pitcher needs 5 innings in the book to be considered for a win. Wainwright didn't have that. And if u think a win was "in the bank", please look at all the twists and turns in today's games. U may begin with mr verlander. ;) Read the bold my friend... ;)

I think losing a win is up there, as I had Wainwright (who was well on his way) in TWO leagues!
[/QUOTE]well on his way woulda been if he had 5 innings in the book and had a comfortable lead. seriously, the game IS 9 innings.

bjoak

Post by bjoak » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:54 pm

I thought stats from partially played games count, no?
Chance favors the prepared mind.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:59 pm

Originally posted by bjoak:

I thought stats from partially played games count, no? No, only when it's tied after 5 innings.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

DenverDan

Post by DenverDan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:01 pm

HALLELUJAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not to religous for this site is it.