FAAB Run

DOUGHBOYS

FAAB Run

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:29 pm

Looks like my other teams have the new players. But not the Main Event teams.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Scoony32

Re: FAAB Run

Post by Scoony32 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:31 pm

I think they are doing by hand tonight.

Scoony32

Post by Scoony32 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:45 pm

Almost there IT

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:44 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:29 pm
Looks like my other teams have the new players. But not the Main Event teams.
As most of you know, FAAB has been running very quickly this year. We've been doing 38,000 bid claims in 11 minutes or less and for the Cutline last week we did over 40,000 bid claims in 13 minutes.

Sunday was definitely the slowest FAAB run of the season and we are looking for the reasons why that happened. There were more bid claims this Sunday than at any time to this point: Over 48,000 bid claims. But that wasn't the reason that it took exactly one hour to run all claims this week. We don't want to mess with too many of the settings this week with the hope that it was just a one-off. It's working and we don't want to mess with the all-important FAAB. But if it's slow again this week, we will tinker with some things to speed it up. We'll be watching closely this Sunday night and our hope is that bids are released in a quicker fashion, much like they had been. We know you'll let us know if it's not as quick as before. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:45 pm

Greg,

Is FAAB run at the same time for all leagues? Or does the computer start with one league, when done, goes to next league, and so on?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:22 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:45 pm
Greg,

Is FAAB run at the same time for all leagues? Or does the computer start with one league, when done, goes to next league, and so on?
The system runs through each league individually until it has completed all FAAB leagues.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

fwicker

Post by fwicker » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:25 pm

11 minutes may be an improvement over past years but that’s an eternity in computer time.
"You can observe a lot by watching" - Yogi Berra

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:27 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:22 am
[quote="Doctor Who" post_id=216971 time=<a href="tel:1556066749">1556066749</a> user_id=55975]
Greg,

The system runs through each league individually until it has completed all FAAB leagues.
[/quote]

Cool. Is there a way you can program it to start with your most expensive contests and go down the list all the way to the $50 contests? So start with Plat, go to diamonds, then supers, then mains, etc... my guess is that would elevate any headaches you have from the boards if a FAAB run runs long.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:08 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:27 am
Cool. Is there a way you can program it to start with your most expensive contests and go down the list all the way to the $50 contests? So start with Plat, go to diamonds, then supers, then mains, etc... my guess is that would elevate any headaches you have from the boards if a FAAB run runs long.
I have noticed that the FAAB system is currently run in sequential league number order (#1 to #1238). Thus, the Weekend Two drafts have their FAAB bids processed after all other leagues.

If this could be flipped around, where #1238 is run first and #1 is processed last, maybe that would help.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:43 am

Okay, I know last night wasn't fun with the 1-hour delay to FAAB, but there was some good news to report on FAAB. We made a few tweaks to how we run FAAB and last night all FAAB bids were processed in 2 minutes and 24 seconds. Hopefully you noticed the change last night and it cut down on some of the wait time. There were more than 42,000 bids last night, second-highest total this year and it still ran that fast.

I'll try to get more information on the server issues we had last night and post on a separate thread. This is something we thought we had solved, but obviously the combination of FAAB, Live Scoring, Live Standings, Live Overall Standings during the busiest traffic time is creating so many queries to the system that it bogs down and we HAVE to figure this out. We thought eliminating the auto-Save function in FAAB was the solution and now we'll have to look at everything again. We are on it, I promise you that.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius