FAAB Deaadline Easter Sunday Changed To Midnight ET

Money

Re: FAAB Deaadline Easter Sunday Changed To Midnight ET

Post by Money » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:47 pm

The bottom line is that everything got handled, it's a fair playing field and the integrity of the game is FIRMLY intact.
Joe

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:50 pm

Money wrote:The bottom line is that everything got handled, it's a fair playing field and the integrity of the game is FIRMLY intact.
Except if you drafted multi-positional players to help get other guys in lineups without it being locked. But sure, minor flaws. Who cares!

Btw- no way FAAB comes out before 25-30 minutes tonight as they want to triple check things were done properly. :lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:53 pm

There's an old adage that applies to life and in particular to business, and as a business owner myself who has had to face the music when break downs occur in my service to my client's, I will share it here. It goes something like: "If you can't take the heat, get the hell out of the season-long, national fantasy baseball championship kitchen!" I really just can't believe what I was reading on this thread after having been away from the computer all day until just a couple of hours ago. It's just incredulous to me the nonchalant, dismissive, and indignant attitude being taken here towards us when obviously a serious break down has occurred. :evil: Does shit happen? Sure it does, Greg, and everyone on here understands that it does and that you are no doubt doing what you can to handle it. But again, your attitude just sucks when customers voice their concerns on here quite fairly, honestly, and in a pretty respectful manner given what's on the line and what they have invested in terms of their time and money, and you cop your usual attitude towards them. It's like you come off as if we owe you something, when it's quite the opposite. Several of the people complaining on here have tens of thousands of dollars invested in your product and do so year in and year out including me.

So news flash: We are all doing you the favor of patronizing your company each year. So we have every damn right to demand a near flawless product and service at every level especially since this contest is billed as the elite of the elite. Unfortunately it feels to us that you sometimes take us for granted in these situations especially when they arise. Maybe it's because the NFBC is the only game in town, but you are playing a dangerous game with your clientele if you do start taking us for granted...And as has been brought up on this thread, growth and expansion is good, but you need to have the infrastructure, innovation, and the creative chops to keep up with it and service the most valuable asset you have which is us, and especially the ones who bring the most to the table in terms of their revenue and their most generously donated blood, sweat, and tears in the form of time, ideas, and advice to the NFBC each year.

And yes, once again I have taken an unpopular position which will no doubt be met with some level of scorn and backlash, but so be it. Take all of this for what it's worth.

And P.S. Everyone on here is no doubt very thankful for all the time and energy you spent on a holiday to resolve the issues with FAAB and the site. But it comes with the territory.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:32 pm

Mike, I just don't see where NFBC's/Greg's attitude sucks when people come on with complaints and issues. What I see is a person behind a keyboard dealing with the issue at hand with candor and brevity. With a positive attitude at that.
Maybe I'm missing something. Shoot, probably a good thing I'm not in customer support because from my viewpoint I'd tell a whole bunch of ya to F*** off and play somewhere else then :lol:

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:40 pm

Quahogs wrote:Mike, I just don't see where NFBC's/Greg's attitude sucks when people come on with complaints and issues. What I see is a person behind a keyboard dealing with the issue at hand with candor and brevity. With a positive attitude at that.
Maybe I'm missing something. Shoot, probably a good thing I'm not in customer support because from my viewpoint I'd tell a whole bunch of ya to F*** off and play somewhere else then :lol:
Will do buddy! Greg nor anyone else won’t miss me anyways. One less headache! Keep enjoying ur product here at the NFBC.

Just look at the entire front page of message boards. All problems. And I’m not even commenting in them just to show it’s not just me with issues that are EXPECTED when signing up for a contest.

Ichiban

Post by Ichiban » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:54 pm

I actually enjoy the product at NFBC quite a bit- much better than any national contest I have played before. Perfect? Of course not. Do I love this new interface and having to wait to FAAB today? No again. But I do know that Greg will get things ironed out as he always does. So speaking for myself, I can live with this happily and I think Greg's customer service has always been absolutely honest and first rate.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:59 pm

I'd miss you.
We're all like family.
I enjoy your write-ups.
I admire you for sticking up for your principles.

I just re-read this and I come off sounding like some damned do-gooder. :x
Ugh.
Anyway, we've all taken our turns being headaches. Today's your turn.
Tomorrow's a new day.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

HOB

Post by HOB » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:04 pm

Been a player for several years...dont post alot....still chat wit those that continue to provide some support for my daughter and post those updates after big appointments....but thru all the site changes.....IT issues....pounding my keyboard in frustration because i swear there is never enough testing done etc.....thru it all...this is the only place i would spend money that quite frankly i cant afford sometimes....just to provide a year long distraction from the real world.

Kudos to Greg and Tom for the shit sandwiches they eat due to IT issues every year.

But mainly kudos to them for always handling themselves properly.

Nowhere else id rather play.

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:22 pm

Set Lineups is locked even for leagues where FAAB processed. Can they unlock this so that we can set lineups

davetniagarafalls

Post by davetniagarafalls » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:24 pm

Early in the day today I emailed Tom asking for help because my conditional bids were ending up in error. My phone was ringing within ten minutes. Tom was already on my account trying to see what I could see. He sounded like SHIT! I mean, he sounded awful, just awful So I told him as much. And he indeed said he was sick as a dog. And this was before all hell broke loose. I appreciated the customer service. So I'm thanking them as well.
"Dont sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff."

Josh R

Post by Josh R » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:27 pm

Can you please allow the draft champions league to set lineups? Says its locked for FAAB but draft champions leagues don't have FAAB.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:28 pm

We need all lineups unlocked please, Greg.
On my tombstone-

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:30 pm

Nice that some leagues have even gotten their FAAB done. Seems like my over 30 mins to process FAAB was right on. Sad that I already knew it would happen. And now lineups don’t work right. I’ll let you guys handle that headache bc i really don’t care about this site anymore and will just expect the worst going forward for the rest of these miserable 26 weeks. Glad you guys are all happy to continue playing on this site.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:31 pm

FAAB is still running -- lineups locked until FAAB is completely finished.

Looks like the Weekend One results have processed, but not Weekend Two. Run, hamsters! Run! 8-)

HOB

Post by HOB » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:32 pm

No Results here either. Will check again in morning prior to work. 6am coming quick

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:33 pm

Doctor Who wrote:Nice that some leagues have even gotten their FAAB done. Seems like my over 30 mins to process FAAB was right on. Sad that I already knew it would happen. And now lineups don’t work right. I’ll let you guys handle that headache bc i really don’t care about this site anymore and will just expect the worst going forward for the rest of these miserable 26 weeks. Glad you guys are all happy to continue playing on this site.
For a guy who is going away you sure do post a lot.

Bama

Post by Bama » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:39 pm

FAAB not run yet and with early games tomorrow it would be nice to get the show on the road so we could set lineups. Fri lineups changes didn't go though and really don't want a repeat. Busy tomorrow so let's get this going .

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:40 pm

Chest Rockwell wrote:
Doctor Who wrote:Nice that some leagues have even gotten their FAAB done. Seems like my over 30 mins to process FAAB was right on. Sad that I already knew it would happen. And now lineups don’t work right. I’ll let you guys handle that headache bc i really don’t care about this site anymore and will just expect the worst going forward for the rest of these miserable 26 weeks. Glad you guys are all happy to continue playing on this site.
Don’t worry, I’ll even put a 10k bet up for anyone that thinks I spend another dime on the site. So get used to me posting for another 26 weeks. Then we can both throw up a middle finger at each other and go our separate ways. Until, see ya fucking next time! Bc u know there will be a next time!

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:48 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Chest Rockwell wrote:
Don’t worry, I’ll even put a 10k bet up for anyone that thinks I spend another dime on the site. So get used to me posting for another 26 weeks. Then we can both throw up a middle finger at each other and go our separate ways. Until, see ya fucking next time! Bc u know there will be a next time!
I have no interest in throwing a middle finger up at you. Best of luck to you the rest of the way in your final nfbc season.

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:01 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:We need all lineups unlocked please, Greg.
that, and all faab to run. still hasn't run for one of my leagues. :ugeek:

Bama

Post by Bama » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:02 pm

This is good damn ridiculous. Need to set the fucking lineups I can get in the fucking bed before it's time to get up.

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:06 pm

Steve,

Remember when you said Greg would be up? 2/2 in what I said would happen tonight. And how do I know? Experience in the NFBC. But thank you Greg for keeping me up while you sleep! Only been over an hour for FAAB to run with no update.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:07 pm

I have a lineup!
On my tombstone-

davetniagarafalls

Post by davetniagarafalls » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:08 pm

Looks like lineups are available.
"Dont sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:48 am

Thanks for your patience last night.

Just an FYI: Set Lineup is turned off each Sunday night while we run FAAB, same as it was in past years under STATS. The two tasks can't run effectively at the same time.

We have almost 600 FAAB leagues and most owners had multiple bids last night in each league. The process took just over an hour to run everything. As we learned in past years, the time to run FAAB lessens as the weeks go on because there are fewer and fewer FAAB bids to process. I trust it won't take quite as long going forward.

Again, sorry for the 2-hour delay of FAAB last night and the later than expected Set Lineup time frame. If anyone has any issues getting to their lineups this morning, email me at [email protected]. I'll help to set your lineups. Thanks and good luck all.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius