Multi-Round Ques Now Available In The Draft Room

Greg Ambrosius

Multi-Round Ques Now Available In The Draft Room

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:30 am

We are happy to announce that the multi-round Que has been added to the Draft Room and is available to use for anyone in a current draft. This feature allows you to put different players in every round possible of your draft and to save those lists separately for each round. This is a feature we've never had in the NFBC or NFFC before, but is one that should help speed up drafts going forward.

If you are in a current draft, just go to your Draft Room and look at your Queue. To the right is a pulldown box that lists all the rounds in that draft. If it's a Draft Champions League, it lists Rounds 1 through 50. If you are currently in Round 32, pull down to Round 33 and you'll see your Que become blank. Put in five catchers, for instance, there. Then pull down to Round 33 and you'll see the Que is blank again. Put in five pitchers there if you'd like or any combination of players. Do the same thing for Rounds 34 through 50 if you'd like. If you go to bed at night and click Auto, the computer will pick the top players from Rounds 32 and 33. You will get some sleep, you will get the players you wanted and the draft will keep moving along nicely. It's beautiful.

You can still put a universal Que together for all rounds by just leaving that pulldown on All Rounds. If you wanted your next pick to come from that Que and you only wanted it for one Round, just go to the Auto Draft feature under the clock and pull down to Next 1 Round. It will stay on auto for just one pick and take the top player from your All Rounds Que. Hope that helps.

Simple and easy. This is a great, great feature and one that should allow us to have quicker drafts if folks start to feel comfortable with this feature. It may also allow us to change the Pause at night to 6 hours. I'm thinking 2 am ET to 8 am ET is a possibility. We can discuss that soon enough.

For now, check out the Multi-Round Que (or proper spelling of Queue) and enjoy. Thanks for your patience on all of this and happy drafting.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Darik B

Re: Multi-Round Ques Now Available In The Draft Room

Post by Darik B » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:49 pm

We talk about this in today's podcast!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/hsfa/2018/ ... und-queues

Money

Post by Money » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Great addition!. This will really help the players at or near the tuns in each draft to utilize the Auot function. It should be utilized by all players late in the draft. It can only help the pace of play!
Joe

FrozenTundra

Post by FrozenTundra » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:30 pm

A phenomenal addition! I would expect this to really speed up drafts, especially in the later rounds. This, and the ability to run ADP's for different time periods, are just great new tools.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:40 pm

FrozenTundra wrote:A phenomenal addition! I would expect this to really speed up drafts, especially in the later rounds. This, and the ability to run ADP's for different time periods, are just great new tools.
Personally, this is one of my favorite things our tech guys have added.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:40 pm

It's a game-changer for DC's, and will be priceless for football drafts. But is very useful in all drafting formats...

fwicker

Post by fwicker » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:16 pm

Well done! Are you contemplating multiple queues. I’d i have turn picks it’d be nice to do auto 2 with first pick from queue #1 (e.g. Pitchers) and pick #2 from queue #2 (e.g. hitters). Thanks, good job on multiple round auto.
"You can observe a lot by watching" - Yogi Berra

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:19 pm

fwicker wrote:Well done! Are you contemplating multiple queues. I’d i have turn picks it’d be nice to do auto 2 with first pick from queue #1 (e.g. Pitchers) and pick #2 from queue #2 (e.g. hitters). Thanks, good job on multiple round auto.
Greg, that's what the multi-round Ques allow. If you are Team 15 and you want to put all Pitchers in Que #1 for Round 3 and all hitters in the Que #2 for Round 4 it will pick the top player from each Que when you are on Auto. The turn would make both of your picks and save the league plenty of time. You could even put a third and fourth Que together for Rounds 5 and 6.

As Darik said, this is even good for online leagues at 1 minute per pick. It's very easy to load two separate Ques while you are drafting and when you are up your decisions have been narrowed. You don't have to be an Auto Pick to use this new feature. Use it as prep leading up to your next pick online. Easy to use for your next two upcoming picks.

Hope this helps.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:20 am

bump