The First MTM FAST DC of the 2018 Season! Sold Out!

Baseball Furies

The First MTM FAST DC of the 2018 Season! Sold Out!

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:42 pm

Perhaps a little earlier than usual this year boys and girls, but since I'm in the middle of suffering through a "slow" incarnation of one these (some things will never change :roll: ) as we break in this "new and improved" draft room (more on this over on my other thread), I figured it was time. I've also hand numerous inquires as to when I'd be setting one of these up, so not being one to disappoint, those of you who know me, know the drill. Cell numbers are required and you will be receiving texts to keep this bad boy rolling at a nice, brisk clip of 8-10 rounds or so a day. Sleep clock you say? Fuck that shit! ;) We draft right through and decide among ourselves when we'll be calling it for the night. Chat,trash-talk, shitty puns and other marginal humor, baseball discussion, and the like are encouraged and provoked by me and others throughout. So thin skins and whiner-types need not apply. The goal here of course is fun and camaraderie while making these drafts events that everyone enjoys participating in (need to remind my personal secretary to send out that memo to corporate about this).

She starts tomorrow. You should have seen her resume! :mrgreen:

Anyone who has participated in one of these knows that the pace of them makes these the best thing going this time of year, or actually any time of the year for that matter. 8-) So as soon as this one fills, we'll be off and running. Not sure how Greg wants to handle this. We are not on speaking terms right now. Apparently I wasn't nice in the chat room of my current draft, and the hall monitor reported me, so I put myself in a timeout. :oops: :roll: But we are in luck this year: We have corporate monitoring of all chat in the draft rooms as an added feature, but we can't get an auto-one pick or about 100 other things we had our wish list, but IT as always is "on it".

So who wants in?

1. MTM
2. Bill Cleavenger
3. Bryan Vogel
4. Rob Zidonik
5. Eric Albright
6. Steve Metzler
7. Jon Stadtmueller
8. Rob Giese
9. Tom Eshenfelder
10. Mario Malgeri
11. Maurice Gregory...and yes, just to clarify, he does in fact speak with the pompitous of love. I asked him. ;)
12. Dan Semsel
13. Jeff Tudor
14. Kenny Enfield
15. Roger Martin
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:27 am, edited 7 times in total.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Re: The First MTM FAST DC of the 2018 Season!

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:00 am

Now 11 spots left for this baby. C'mon, I want to pop a few new cherries to this format. Who else wants in ladies? 8-)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:07 am

Now just 8 spots left for this one! Let's fill her up and be drafting (and lapping the other slow dc's ;) ) by Friday! :mrgreen: 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:35 pm

Looks like we're down to just 7 spots left in this bad boy. Don't anticipate it will go down before Sunday, so if you've been holding out to get through this week for a kick ass good time starting over the weekend, this draft is it. So who else wants a spot? I will of course be providing the celebrity draft facilitation via text alerts with personalized ball-busting and insults at no extra charge as usual. :mrgreen:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:49 pm

Now just 5 spots left for the best DC so far this season! Jump on board and have some fun, damnit! That's what it's all about, right kids? 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:17 am

Now just 4 spots left with a bunch of you on the fence that I'm waiting to get a final on! C'mon boys, this isn't rocket science (well actually, if you saw any of Greg and Tom's industry mock drafts you would think that it was :lol:). But this is the real deal, and you guys are the true experts, so who else wants in for a Sunday start? What's better than watching some "inferior pro entertainment event" while drafting some baseball, huh? So let's do this thing! Don't make me resort to asking Greg for help filling one of these drafts. It would ruin my image. :mrgreen:

MadCow Sez

Post by MadCow Sez » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:24 pm

I'm in
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:21 pm

MadCow Sez wrote:I'm in
Cool! Now just two spots left and we're ready to rock come Sunday, boys! Who wants a piece of this action and the chance to spend some quality time with me for a few days next week? A life altering experience, really. :mrgreen: :lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:03 pm

NOW JUST ONE SPOT LEFT! Who wants it?I'll put in the good word for you with Greg for some cool extra door prizes at the Live Events. :o ;)

Baseball Furies

Re: The First MTM FAST DC of the 2018 Season! Sold Out!

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:48 am

Okay boys we are now officially 100% SOLD OUT! 8-) Special thanks to Roger Martin for taking the plunge and now needing to spend his entire Saturday to do his draft prep. :D Greg, please set us up to go for a Sunday 12:00 p.m. EST start as this is when it was agreed that this league would start. Not sure how you would like to handle this. Please advise us all.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:33 am

Okay, good job all and have fun with this one.

Please don't sign up separately for this one because the full draft needs to be loaded an hour before the start time. The setup here is the same as it was last year on STATS: Draft Champions leagues automatically load when we have a full 15 teams and the next DC has 6 of 15 spots filled now and may not fill before noon tomorrow.

Tom and I are looking at ways to manipulate that by creating a set draft time for this one, but hold tight. We'll report here when we have it figured out. Hopefully we'll get it done and start tomorrow afternoon. Stay tuned, but thanks and be on the ready. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:03 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Okay, good job all and have fun with this one.

Please don't sign up separately for this one because the full draft needs to be loaded an hour before the start time. The setup here is the same as it was last year on STATS: Draft Champions leagues automatically load when we have a full 15 teams and the next DC has 6 of 15 spots filled now and may not fill before noon tomorrow.

Tom and I are looking at ways to manipulate that by creating a set draft time for this one, but hold tight. We'll report here when we have it figured out. Hopefully we'll get it done and start tomorrow afternoon. Stay tuned, but thanks and be on the ready. Thanks.
Okay. Please set us up for a noon EST time start tomorrow if at all possible since this is when I have billed it for and have everyone expecting it to go off at that time.
Thanks.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:17 pm

This is done.

Let me try to get everyone signed up right now and if anyone isn't in the system I will contact you individually.

This league is under $150 Draft Champions (4 Hour) and under Draft Time it is listed as Dec. 3, 12:00 pm ET. Please set your KDS preferences today and look for draft spots shortly after all 15 owners are signed up.

Okay, I'm on this.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:33 pm

Okay, 13 of 15 owners are signed up. Please nobody else sign up except the two owners we are missing.

Thomas Eshenfelder
Mario Malgeri

They need to sign up for this 4-Hour Dec. 3rd DC to close this out.

I'll email them, but somebody else also reach out to them. Hopefully nobody else signs up. Good luck all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:02 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Okay, 13 of 15 owners are signed up. Please nobody else sign up except the two owners we are missing.

Thomas Eshenfelder
Mario Malgeri

They need to sign up for this 4-Hour Dec. 3rd DC to close this out.

I'll email them, but somebody else also reach out to them. Hopefully nobody else signs up. Good luck all.
I have reached out to them both personally. Tom will be on it soon. Just waiting on Mario.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:22 pm

We're still missing Mario. Once he signs up the league will be full and draft spots should come out shortly after that.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

uky

Post by uky » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:23 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:We're still missing Mario. Once he signs up the league will be full and draft spots should come out shortly after that.
thanks Greg, wondering why i couldn't access it..
Bill Cleavenger
Big Blue Nation..We don't rebuild, we reload

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:27 pm

Tom signed up but someone signed up for the last spot by mistake so the league autocreated. Give us some time to get this all fixed and hopefully Mario signs up soon
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:29 pm

OK we never heard from Mario so the person who signed up will take his spot. I spoke with William and he's prepared to draft quickly so you guys will be all good to go. Mario can get into the next one. But this league is set up, draft order is set and you guys will begin Sunday at Noon ET.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:50 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:OK we never heard from Mario so the person who signed up will take his spot. I spoke with William and he's prepared to draft quickly so you guys will be all good to go. Mario can get into the next one. But this league is set up, draft order is set and you guys will begin Sunday at Noon ET.
Okay can you please update me on who William is? Need his full name and handle that he's using for this league. Thanks.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:57 pm

William Devers

@SERGEANTS2
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:34 am

Just a quick update from the field on this league. We started at noon yesterday (Sunday), and did 11+ smooth, beautiful rounds in 11+ hours until we all agreed on a stopping point to let the sleep clock kick in for a couple of guys who were under the weather and needed to call it a night early (and yes, 11:15 p.m. EST is early for these). Great communication,
camaraderie, respect, and with even a one hour hiccup right out of the gate in round one. Special mention to the new guy popping his cherry in this one in the 15 hole, Bill Devers. Hung with the big boys all day, and was right on every pick, even setting auto for his last couple of picks of the night before turning in. Is this guy bitching or what?! 8-) Nothing like a guy learning the way it should be done right off the bat. :D Keep an eye for FAST DC #2 which I will have up on the boards and begin my recruiting for as soon as this one ends. Probably sneak it in the week before Christmas or something. Stay tuned!

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:28 pm

The best part of a MTM FAST DC - 24 hours between his posts.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:13 am

JohnP wrote:The best part of a MTM FAST DC - 24 hours between his posts.
Hysterical Johnny, really. Guess you've given up on any chance of me allowing you into any of my leagues going forward this season. :P As I seem to recall despite your bitching and whining last year about me pestering you to get into one of my leagues, you walked away with some nice money thanks to my harassment of you via text and the boards. :oops: So football is over. Time to thaw out your brain with some baseball. You can be in my next one of these but only if you ask me nicely. :mrgreen:

Meanwhile, back in the draft. We wrapped up in Round 42 tonight! Started this one on Sunday at noon. No complaints and a first class crew of fanatical owners totally into it the entire way. 8-) I think even the newbie is a convert. ;) Only way to go doing these. Stay tuned for Fast DC #2 coming to these boards soon!

uky

Post by uky » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:30 pm

Completed this baby today around 1:30 CT...3 days, 2+ hours...Great group, greatdraft.
Bill Cleavenger
Big Blue Nation..We don't rebuild, we reload