Post-Draft Festivities at Rosie O'Grady's, 3/24/17 are set!

Baseball Furies

Post-Draft Festivities at Rosie O'Grady's, 3/24/17 are set!

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:27 pm

As per tradition, the competitors of the MTM Ultimate will be breaking bread, enjoying a few beverages, and regaling each other with the tales of their respective draft brilliance and/or stupidity once the blood bath of the actual draft is complete. I once again have a reservation set up for around midnight shortly after the conclusion of the Friday night MTM Super Event at Rosie O'Grady's Steakhouse and Saloon. This is just a short walk from the hotel. A great time was had by all last year, and this year what would make it even better would be to have as many NFBC'ers as possible who will be in town that night attend as well. So no matter if you're drafting that Friday in the auctions or the next day in the live events on Saturday, I am opening up this get together for any and all who would like to join us including a guest if your significant other can stand it ;). I know that Adam Ronis from Sirius XM Fantasy Sports Radio is planning to be there after lending his talents as celebrity draft facilitator for the MTM Ultimate. So if you would like to attend, please post your name to this thread and I will add you to the list. I need a headcount for the restaurant because they will be keeping the kitchen open late for us. Last year, I think it ended up being about $70-$75 per head including drinks and tip when it was all said and done for those of you who need an idea of what to budget. It's sure to be a blast again, and a great opportunity to meet and hang out with your fellow competitors who share the same fanaticism and love for this hobby/obsession as you do. So who is in? The current sign-up list is below. 8-)

Friday 3/25 Sign up list for Rosie O'Grady's in NYC

1. MTM & Guests
2. Joe Thelen
3. Mike Mager
4. Dan Semsel
5. Dusty Wagner
6. Mike Edelman
7. Scott Fleming
8. Adam Ronis
9. Roy Ericson
10. Ante Meich
11. Steve Jupinka
12. Marc Perlmutter
13. Thomas Warner
14. Phil Bachner
15. Paul Stath
16. Dave Taylor
17. Andy Saxon
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:17 am, edited 9 times in total.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Re: Post-Draft Festivities at Rosie O'Grady's, 3/24/17 are s

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:45 pm

I'm counting the majority of the MTM competitors as in for this already, but Joe Thelen sent me a courtesy email to let me know that he will again nap during the draft so that he is nice and refreshed for the late night post-draft festivities. :P So who else wants in?
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:20 pm

Mike: Just to confirm, please count me in. Really looking forward to it. Sure to be a great time again.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

MadCow Sez

Post by MadCow Sez » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:24 pm

I'm in.
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:18 pm

Whoops.. knew I forgot to respond last night to something! Yea I'm in.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:42 am

Sign-up list has been updated. Still waiting on official confirmation from the rest of the MTM Ultimate competitors, but in the meantime, who else would like to join us for the festivities Friday night/Saturday morning in NYC?

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:15 am

It is always fun I am sure until somebody says your first round pick sucked...

I am sure it is going to be a blast. Wish I could be there....
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:35 pm

Edwards Kings wrote:It is always fun I am sure until somebody says your first round pick sucked...

I am sure it is going to be a blast. Wish I could be there....
Perhaps you'll have a chance to join us in Vegas if you're going to be out there the following week, Wayne.

In the meantime, who else would like to join us for this little late night gathering of NFBC junkies? Participation in the MTM Ultimate is not a requirement, so just let me know.

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:56 am

Mikey , I'll be there, plus with your Math skill , you need me to help you figure out the bill.

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:13 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:Perhaps you'll have a chance to join us in Vegas if you're going to be out there the following week, Wayne.
The plan is for me to be in Vegas the second weekend, so definitely look forward to seeing you there. I know the last time you were in Vegas, you made quite an impact!

Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Rotties

Post by Rotties » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:23 pm

In Mike. Gotta keep the weight up.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:59 pm

Okay Roy and Ante, you have officially been added to the list. Great to hear you will be breaking bread and steaks with us! :mrgreen: Anyone else who would like to join us, just add your name to this thread. Thanks.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:06 pm

Most current updated list. Still waiting to hear back from a few of you MTM Ultimate competitors on your intentions in joining us, so please let me know. I have a reservation for 25, so we're covered as of now on any late stragglers to the party. And as I said, anyone in for the live events in NYC this weekend are welcome to join us for this, so post your name to this thread, PM, or email me. Thanks!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:22 pm

Final update on the list of attendees for Friday night in NYC after the MTM Ultimate. I have a few more spots if anyone else is interested in joining us who will be in for the live events that Friday the 24th. Just let me know. Always a great time. 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:21 am

Been a while since I bumped this up with an update. Last call for anyone in for the live events in NYC next Friday, March 24th! All are welcome to join us for this little get together beginning around midnight or so. We will be assembling in the hotel lobby and all walking over together as we usually do each year. So if you want in, please let me know. If you think you're in, check the guest list to make sure that I've added you or if I have somehow missed you. Just a little over a week away, boys! Looking forward to seeing everyone there. 8-)