SOLD OUT: Chicago Main Event League 2

Greg Ambrosius

SOLD OUT: Chicago Main Event League 2

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:31 am

Let's not forget about the Chicago Auction Championship League as we've filled one auction in the Windy City every year since 2009. We need Chicago to be part of this overall prize pool and it's good to see some of last year's participants jumping in early. This one will be held at the Sheraton Northbrook on Friday, April 3rd at 4 pm CT and we can even have a tour of STATS right down the road beforehand if anyone is interested. Let's fill up this Friday Night Auction League and start the bidding with Mike Trout at $40!!! 8-)

Here's the current signup list for this one:

CHICAGO
Sheraton Northbrook
Friday, April 3, 4 p.m. CT

1. Emo Bonaminio, Chicago, Illinois
2. Kim Dettmann, Mt. Prospect, Illinois
3. Dave Van Der Stuyf, Willow Springs, Illinois
4. Dave Geisinger, Brookfield, Illinois
5. Christopher Cosley, Rolling Meadows, Illinois
6. Gary Gelesh, Akron, Ohio
7. Kelly Uganski, Spring Lake, Michigan
8. Michael Makula, Chicago, Illinois
9. Vince Clemente, Elmhurst, Illinois
10. Brent Grooms, Atlanta, Georgia
11. Robbie Brown, Winona, Minnesota
12. Kyle Brinkmann, Albion, Illinois
13. Chris Latka, Tinley Park, Illinois
14. John Pausma, Tinley Park, Illinois
15. Joel Kendall, Chicago, Illinois
16. Joseph Martens, Bloomington, Illinois
17. Richard Kulaski, Nashville, Tennessee
18. Doug Gruber, Troy, Michigan
19. Ryan Coghill, West Olive, Michigan
20. Chris Beeler, Canal Winchester, Ohio
21. Russel Wyatt, Oswego, Illinois
22. adam howe, Belding, Michigan
23. Gregory Morgan, Westerville, Ohio
24. Scott Bryden, Davis, Illinois
25. Ken Magner, Freehold, New Jersey
26. Jim Christie, Rochester, New York
27. Michael Diedrich, Darien, Illinois
28. Jeffrey Bryl, Germantown, Wisconsin
29. Tim Miller, Chicago, Illinois
30. Rob Nolter, Chicago, Illinois
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Deadheadz

Re: 9 Spots Left In Chicago Auction Championship

Post by Deadheadz » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:20 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Let's not forget about the Chicago Auction Championship League as we've filled one auction in the Windy City every year since 2009. We need Chicago to be part of this overall prize pool and it's good to see some of last year's participants jumping in early. This one will be held at the Sheraton Northbrook on Friday, April 3rd at 4 pm CT and we can even have a tour of STATS right down the road beforehand if anyone is interested. Let's fill up this Friday Night Auction League and start the bidding with Mike Trout at $40!!! 8-)

Here's the current signup list for this one:

CHICAGO AUCTION CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE
Sheraton Northbrook
1. Dave Van Der Stuyf, Willow Springs, Illinois
2. vincent escamilla, Chicago, Illinois
3. Christopher Cosley, Rolling Meadows, Illinois
4. Doug Gruber, Troy, Michigan
5. Derrick Kaleta, Winnetka, Illinois
6. Rob Nolter, Chicago, Illinois

If you have trouble getting the 15th man, I can do this by phone. Set me as an alternate.

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Sack

Post by Sack » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:16 pm

Greg:

This is still under consideration, but so are the two available auctions in Vegas on the same day. Afraid to commit/book in Chicago with the entries here still slow. Chip and I made the trip to Chicago once, it was a great time
and we really enjoyed the venue. This is a hidden gem - great place to experience a LIVE NFBC experience for anybody
still on the fence.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:29 pm

Sack wrote:Greg:

This is still under consideration, but so are the two available auctions in Vegas on the same day. Afraid to commit/book in Chicago with the entries here still slow. Chip and I made the trip to Chicago once, it was a great time
and we really enjoyed the venue. This is a hidden gem - great place to experience a LIVE NFBC experience for anybody
still on the fence.
Glad to hear Ken. We hope to fill both auctions in Las Vegas on Friday, April 3rd and this one in Chicago as well. We have filled Chicago's Auction Championship each year and I think there's interest from other past participants who want to return to this contest. Chicago always fills later as many people drive in for the event on that date.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:02 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Sack wrote:Greg:

still on the fence.
Glad to hear Ken. We hope to fill both auctions in Las Vegas on Friday, April 3rd and this one in Chicago as well. We have filled Chicago's Auction Championship each year and I think there's interest from other past participants who want to return to this contest. Chicago always fills later as many people drive in for the event on that date.

I don't know if my back can handle Ken returning to Chicago. Last time it made me so nervous drafting next to him that I literally fell out of my chair. :D

Actually, I would recommend Chicago to everyone. We may be a small group, but it is solid competition. We have 27 or 28 core owners that show up every year to have fun and compete hard. There are no soft spots in the lineup.
Last edited by Navel Lint on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

Sack

Post by Sack » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:05 pm

Russ - kind words, the Chicago group schooled me!

Hope to catch up if I can make it work. Good luck this season and I thank you.

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:23 pm

The more I think about it, the more I’d love to have more people come to Chicago. Maybe 15 or 30 new people.

I’m tired of losing to the same 25+ other guys every year. :shock:

Sure it’s fun drafting with our tight knit group. I enjoy talking with, and then having my hopes of a league title crushed every spring by the likes of Kulaski and Shovein and Dettmann and Geisinger and Van Der Stuyf and Cosley and Makula and Diedrich and Pausma and Weber and Haan andandandandandand………

We’ve even had occasional guest like Magner and Kenyon and Ogden come in and take a little piece of my fantasy baseball championship soul back home with them.

But I’m getting tired of it. :D

I liked the old days when we had 4 leagues in Chicago. Days when my team would lose to different owners each year. Days when I could lose to both Mr and Mrs Kleemann, or Karl Mische or Gary Cutler and plenty of others.

So where are you NFBC??

Where are the Duke’s and Gekko’s and Lindy’s and Childs’ and Edelman’s and Lowy’s and Mouth's andandandandand of the world. Come to Chicago.

We may not be Vegas or NY; but I promise, I can lose with the best of ‘em.

;)
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

Vander

Post by Vander » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:52 am

Completely agree with Russel. I would encourage and and all comers to Chicago. I've heard it's easy here. Prove it. Bring on the high profile guys. I'd like to meet the ones I haven't already met and compete against them all. I too miss the days when we had 4 leagues here. I think we've been hurt by the online drafting. BTW I really meant to go out of my way to meet and talk to Ken in 2013 and then I didn't. I've kind of regretted that ever since. Just got caught up in all the guys I see every year and forgot the new/different guys. So come back to Chicago if you can make it and hopefully others will come too.

COZ

Post by COZ » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:03 pm

Maybe Pausma's groupie, Jackie Haan, will grab a team this year. We better fill this auction or I'm going to be PISSED. I suck at Auctions because I lack fiscal discipline, but I love them. Let's fill 'er up boys. Tom & Greg gave Chicago another chance, let's not disappoint.

COZ
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Sack

Post by Sack » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:49 pm

Calling out the Big Guy - I'm sure you will evoke a response from Mr Haan!

The Mighty Men

Post by The Mighty Men » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:04 pm

You are right, COZ. At this point, I'm just a groupie. At least I picked a great player to group on.

I'm retired from baseball. It takes way too much time. But I appreciate you guys thinking of me!
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

Greg Ambrosius

Re: 8 Spots Left In Chicago Auction Championship

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:52 am

Okay, we're starting to get a nice push for all of the Chicago live events at the Sheraton Northbrook. John Pausma, our $150,000 winner in the 2014 NFFC Primetime, has grabbed spots in all three events to push us closer to full leagues across the board. He's REINVESTING those winnings, which we love to see!!! We now have 7 owners signed up for the Friday Auction Championship League and hope to add a few more soon. Let's fill that one up again, as we always do.

We also have 15 teams signed up for the Main Event Chicago and hope to fill at least one more league. It's great to have a few new owners coming to the Windy City this year and a few more veterans should be signing up soon. And we even have 7 owners for the Saturday Night Primetime League, leaving us with ONLY 5 SPOTS LEFT there. We'll take one Primetime League in Chicago and move on, so don't delay if you want to participate in the Main Event Doubleheader.

Okay, let's keep moving forward in Chicago. Here's a look at the Auction League:

CHICAGO
Sheraton Northbrook
7. John Pausma, Tinley Park, Illinois
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Re: 7 Spots Left In Chicago Auction Championship

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:28 am

NOW ONLY 7 SPOTS LEFT in the Chicago Auction Championship League as Michael Diedrich has given his commitment to this one. There are other owners from last year's auction league who are also working on their travel plans to attend this league. This one is looking good. Thanks all and let's fill up this Chicago Auction League, along with the Main Events and Primetime League. Here's a look at the current signup list for the Auction League:

CHICAGO
Sheraton Northbrook
8. Michael Diedrich, Darien, Illinois
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Vander

Post by Vander » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:11 pm

Welcome back Mike. I was just talking to Dave G about you. Haven't seen the usual posts and you hadn't signed up for anything. Was wondering what was going on. Congrats to Pausma also. Didn't know you won the big Kahuna in nffc. You've come close in nfbc also. Good to see a Chi guy take it all. See you both in April. BTW try to drag Haan out there too. Talked to him and he's swearing off baseball. He could still co-manage though.

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:05 pm

Diedrich in the house! Price of white sox players just went up. Juan Pierre too. Now we need the "nominate catchers for 15 rounds straight" combo to sign up. Haan - like we need more lawyers in the room. Deadheadz......Chicago is calling you!!

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:46 pm

JohnP wrote:Diedrich in the house! Price of white sox players just went up. Juan Pierre too. Now we need the "nominate catchers for 15 rounds straight" combo to sign up. Haan - like we need more lawyers in the room. Deadheadz......Chicago is calling you!!

I'm available by phone if needed and want to do it. But they (DHS) still have me on the No Fly List (no drive too) so without a pardon from Barack, I'll not be in attendance.

Let's do it!

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:08 pm

Deadheadz wrote:
JohnP wrote:Diedrich in the house! Price of white sox players just went up. Juan Pierre too. Now we need the "nominate catchers for 15 rounds straight" combo to sign up. Haan - like we need more lawyers in the room. Deadheadz......Chicago is calling you!!

I'm available by phone if needed and want to do it. But they (DHS) still have me on the No Fly List (no drive too) so without a pardon from Barack, I'll not be in attendance.

Let's do it!

Maybe a two for one deal....trade the no fly and no drive for no post?

All kidding aside....I think remote participation for a live auction would be tough / cumbersome.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:17 pm

JohnP wrote:
Maybe a two for one deal....trade the no fly and no drive for no post?

All kidding aside....I think remote participation for a live auction would be tough / cumbersome.

I'm sure it's not ideal. But if the MLB can do their draft with all the GMs on a conference call for decades, one of 15 GMs in a fantasy auction shouldn't be too bad. Plus, I have a very short list of players I will bid on. Can't care any less about getting value on the players I don't want.

As an aside, I've noticed that real life auction houses are now using a bid-online option for their LIVE auctions. Not sure how it works but I'd assume it uses proprietary software.

PS, it's come to my attention that I can buy a temporary pardon (a waiver) for $585 but they're saying it takes minimum 3 months to process. :cry:
Yes, I have a "record" - it's a misdemeanor charge from 1985 when I had a flat tire on my way to work and 'borrowed' a spare from my neighbor without asking. I was a teenager with even worse judgement than I have now. The USA doesn't recognize pardons given by the Canadian government and despite the fact they gave me a student visa from 1988-1992 the tight restrictions at the border mean I'm still undesirable.

But (before any of the other posters can say it) everyone here already knew that. :mrgreen:

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Greg Ambrosius

Re: 6 Spots Left In Chicago Auction Championship

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:05 pm

Tim Short has agreed to come back to the Chicago Auction League on Friday, April 3rd as he was interested in either New York or Chicago. New York already has four full Auction Championship Leagues, so Chicago it is. Let's welcome Tim back and fill this baby up. Here's the current signup list for this auction league:

CHICAGO
Sheraton Northbrook
8. Tim Short, Blacklick, Ohio
9. Michael Diedrich, Darien, Illinois
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:08 pm

Greg,
Tempted to grab an auction spot in Chicago. Wasn't planning on spending for another live event but let me figure it out this weekend. Limited auction experience here...

Russell, Vander,
Don't post much as 3 boys take up much of my time but slowly getting into baseball mode. Good to see you guys will be doing the main on Saturday. The 2nd overall finisher Makula is back. What a team he had last year. See ya there. Rich

Ps another vote here for Haan to come out of retirement
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:51 am

rkulaski wrote:Greg,
Tempted to grab an auction spot in Chicago. Wasn't planning on spending for another live event but let me figure it out this weekend. Limited auction experience here...

Russell, Vander,
Don't post much as 3 boys take up much of my time but slowly getting into baseball mode. Good to see you guys will be doing the main on Saturday. The 2nd overall finisher Makula is back. What a team he had last year. See ya there. Rich

Ps another vote here for Haan to come out of retirement
NOW ONLY 5 SPOTS LEFT in the Chicago Auction Championship League!! John Lyons won this league title in 2012, but he hasn't been back to the Windy City since. He's making a return this year and ready to step it up a notch. Glad to have you back John.

And heck yes Rich, make it a full weekend of drafts and auctions. You'll love this format and the competitors in it. Let's fill this one up and make plans for a great Friday night. Thanks all.

Here's a look at our current signup list for the Chicago Auction League:

CHICAGO
Sheraton Northbrook
8. Tim Short, Blacklick, Ohio
9. John Lyons, Twinsburg, Ohio
10. Michael Diedrich, Darien, Illinois
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Vander

Re: 5 Spots Left In Chicago Auction Championship

Post by Vander » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:17 pm

If you can swing it Rich the auction is even better than the main event. Love to have you in this one too. See you the 4th either way.

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:34 pm

Pardon the interruption -- if any of you gents will be at the Chicago First Pitch Forum on Feb 28 please say hey -- trust me, I'll be real easy to find.

carry on....
2019 Mastersball Platinum

5 of the past 6 NFBC champions subscribe to Mastersball

over 1300 projections and 500 player profiles
Standings and Roster Tracker perfect for DC and cutline leagues

Subscribe HERE

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:21 am

Doug Gruber is the defending champ in the Chicago Auction League and now he's coming back for the Main Event doubleheader on Saturday as well. It's great to have Doug back for all three events in the Windy City. His signup in the Chicago Primetime brings that league to 8 owners, so ONLY 4 SPOTS LEFT in the Primetime. Thanks Doug and best of luck in all three events.

Here's the current signup list for the Chicago Primetime:

CHICAGO
Saturday, April 4, 6 p.m. CT
2. Joseph Martens, Bloomington, Illinois
3. Gary Gelesh, Akron, Ohio
4. Scott Moen, Chicago, Illinois
5. Michael Makula, Chicago, Illinois
6. Kyle Brinkmann, Albion, Illinois
8. Doug Gruber, Troy, Michigan
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:14 am

NOW ONLY 3 SPOTS LEFT in the Chicago Primetime League on Saturday, April 4th at 6 pm CT. Great job everyone. We welcome Ryan Coghill and Rob Simon of West Olive, Michigan to Chicago for the Main Event doubleheader. They did the Chicago Primetime League last year and this year they are heeding the advice of Ernie Banks: "LET'S PLAY TWO!" Thanks guys.

Here's the current signup list for the Chicago Primetime, so sign up now if you don't want to be left out:

CHICAGO
Saturday, April 4, 6 p.m. CT
2. Joseph Martens, Bloomington, Illinois
3. Gary Gelesh, Akron, Ohio
4. Scott Moen, Chicago, Illinois
5. Michael Makula, Chicago, Illinois
6. Kyle Brinkmann, Albion, Illinois
8. Doug Gruber, Troy, Michigan
9. Ryan Coghill, West Olive, Michigan
Greg Ambrosius