NFBC Eligibility List Online

Mudster

Post by Mudster » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:11 am

..and if they are listed on the 40 man roster sheet, but not on the cheat sheet, their position eligibility is determined by the rulings under the "roster requirements" section in the rules?

BB of the Leaderboard

Post by BB of the Leaderboard » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:13 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

You are correct, but I'm surprised that you say that Greene and Phillips aren't on 40-man rosters. Is that true? [/QB]I don't know whether they are really on 40-man rosters, but I know they are not on your published lists linked in this thread.

BB :D

nydownunder

Post by nydownunder » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:16 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

quote:Originally posted by nydownunder:

Greg,

Just a recommendation, but I would provide the Proctors with a cheat sheet of some highly touted Propsects that are not eligible for the draft (ie Not on the 40 Man Roster). I would hate to see a situation where the proctor doesn't know the answer and some of the managers get into some big debate in the middle of the draft.

Not that I think the chances of these players being drafted are high, but sometimes people take flyers on these guys in the last round.

The 3 I have noticed right off the bat are the following:

Billinglsy, Barton, and Wood I know we added Brandon Wood to the list. As for some of the other prospects, yeah we had to put a cutoff somewhere. If Barton or Billingsley get called up during the season, that will be good for those with FAAB dollars left.
[/QUOTE]What list are your referring? Wood is not on the 40 Man Roster and you stated the Cheat Sheets do not confirm Draft eligibility?!
Wagga Wagga Dingoes (NY#4)
Luck is where preparation meets opportunity!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:18 am

Originally posted by Mudster:

..and if they are listed on the 40 man roster sheet, but not on the cheat sheet, their position eligibility is determined by the rulings under the "roster requirements" section in the rules? Yes. Remember, we didn't have minimum innings or 40-man rosters last year and some people took advantage of the rules. This is a bit confusing, but sometimes that happens with more rules (which again was never my intention in the NFBC). We'll do our best to enforce the 40-man rosters and everyone will have a one-page sheet when they arrive on Draft Day with the eligible draftees. If you see someone take a player not on that list, let your facilitator know and that person will need to pick again. If that player is on the 40-man but isn't on our Cheat Sheet and you want to know what position he qualifies at, just ask your facilitator. Me, Tom, Rocky and Scott will find out for you.

This can look more complicated than it is, but it's not complicated. So just ask and we'll get the right answers. But again, these changes were necessitated not by me but by the loopholes that some exploited. So enjoy.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:22 am

I resemble that remark

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:17 am

Originally posted by :

The way I understand it is: There are 2 lists. The 40 man roster and a free agent list that Greg and Tom assembled. That 2nd list has players that may or may not be on the 40 man roster but these players are eligible to be drafted on draft day. Some examples are Roger Clemens and Brandon Wood. This is actually one list but that is correct. The list that is linked in this thread represents all of the players who are eligible to be drafted or bid on next weekend. That list includes every player on each team's 40-man roster and some selected free agents and non-roster invitees.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Spyhunter

Post by Spyhunter » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:46 pm

Tom,

Can an excel file be posted with positional eligibility??

Spy