Eligibility List/Updated Depth Charts

LTDave

Eligibility List/Updated Depth Charts

Post by LTDave » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:50 am

Hey guys... this is Less than Dave in case you couldn't figure out from the name... I've had a rough last few months including losing my job, injuring my back, and my hard drive dying.. as a result, I haven't been around and forgot my login info for the message boards so I just had to create a new name... so if anyone messaged me on my old name, please forward them to my new name here. I wasn't trying to sound self-absorbed there, just wanted to give a heads-up as to the name change and that I HOPE I will still see you guys in Vegas this March, but only if I can find a job and save up enough before then (thanks for screwing me out of $6,000 WCOFB)... I really don't know what I'd do without fantasy baseball for a year... I really must find a way.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has posted an NFBC official/unofficial position eligibility list for 2012 (still 20 games from the prior year I assume)? If not, I could probably populate one in a few days as I'm doing that now anyways... also, just wanted to give you a heads up that I have bought the rights to www.therotosaurus.com and will be full-go this year with the fantasy baseball website that I planned to do last year... as of right now, we're still doing a lot of writing and site-building (the site isn't up yet, but the RotoSaurus blog is still there - http://rotosaurus.blogspot.com) and I have kept the depth charts/lineups updated so far, so feel free to use them as a tool for researching to prep for drafts... they're by far the most accurate ones out there because I know RotoWorld, MLBDepthCharts, CBS, ESPN, etc never have accurate depth charts, especially this early... that's about all I have that's worth checking out on the site right now other than the article on conversion rates for pitchers changing leagues and the article on pitchers consistently outperforming their peripherals from last year, but by the end of January the site should be ready to roll and should have plenty of content so please help me and yourselves and check it out... and if anyone has any job ideas, I'm open to anything! haha... thanks guys. God bless.
~Dave

PS Can someone explain to me how Justin Verlander went in the 1st Round of a draft? I mean, he's not even in my top 3 starters, and no starter is worth a 1st Rounder in my opinion unless you dominate in all 4 categories, which none do.. the closest being Kershaw but you can't count on wins from him with that offense

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Eligibility List/Updated Depth Charts

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:40 am

Dave, first of all best of luck on the job market. I hope things turn out well there.

We have every player's eligibility for the NFBC already done for the Draft Room and we'll create a link under ROSTER on your team page shortly like we did last year. There we had every player at every position listed alphabetically and we're going to unveil that shortly, too. It will be within the game pages for those who sign up, but I'll copy and paste it on the boards if folks want to see the official list before signing up. Look for that soon.

Thanks and good luck with everything.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Likewhat17

Post by Likewhat17 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:10 am

I've already noticed several players on the list in the draft room that don't display the correct eligibility, that's not the official list is it?

fwicker

Post by fwicker » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:46 am

Paredes (Hou) is listed at 2B, should be 3B
"You can observe a lot by watching" - Yogi Berra

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:08 am

From what people are saying there are some issues??

Greg,
If someone drafts a player due to the position eligibility on the draft site, but it is wrong, what happens?
Does the owner get to use him at the wrong position?
Does the owner get to use him at the correct position?
Does the owner get to use him at both (incorrect & correct) positions?
Does the owner get a mulligan and is allowed to pick over, even if the draft is over?

I'm assuming the owner ONLY gets to use him at the correct position? Can you confirm? Thanks!

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:00 pm

fwicker wrote:Paredes (Hou) is listed at 2B, should be 3B
He is listed at 3B in the STATS draft room.
2019 Mastersball Platinum

5 of the past 6 NFBC champions subscribe to Mastersball

over 1300 projections and 500 player profiles
Standings and Roster Tracker perfect for DC and cutline leagues

Subscribe HERE

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:02 pm

FWIW, the positions are all correct in the STATS draft room. Think about it, with the sharks we have drafting in the first 8 or so Slow Drafts, if there were errors, trust me, the forum would be flooded with posts on it.

A word of warning, however, the Mock Draft Central draft room has some incorrect positions for those mocksterbating.

Subscribe HERE

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:03 pm

the draft room appears to be correct, the draft board is incorrect with a few players.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:07 pm

ToddZ wrote:
He is listed at 3B in the STATS draft room.
If you see anything listed wrong, let us know. We'll correct it, just like we have in the past. Plus there might be some minor-leaguers who I need to give eligibility to.

Eligibility will be based on NFBC ruling. It's very possible to have the position wrong in the draft room since we pushed this out so quickly. If you have any questions about eligibility of any player, ask before you draft him just like you did when we hosted these on MDC.com. We think we have all of these correct within the draft room, but hey, we might not be 100% correct. Let us know and we'll update.

Paredes did play 46 games and should be 3B only.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Schwks

Post by Schwks » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:16 pm

Best of luck with recovering from your back Dave, as well as with the job search. I will check out your site for sure.
schwanks.blogspot.com
Little Bits mostly non-related to fantasy sports...alright maybe a little

LTDave

Post by LTDave » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Thanks Greg, I really appreciate it... if you could post that list on the forum that would be awesome... I also miss being able to search players to by how many games they play at each position - specific to LF/CF/RF as your in-game leagues search function allows... anyone know where I can find something like that?

LTDave

Post by LTDave » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:29 pm

Much appreciated, Schwks

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:31 pm

LTDave wrote:Thanks Greg, I really appreciate it... if you could post that list on the forum that would be awesome... I also miss being able to search players to by how many games they play at each position - specific to LF/CF/RF as your in-game leagues search function allows... anyone know where I can find something like that?
It is in STATS player profile. I'm not sure if you had to be in the NFBC last year or not.
In printed version, Bill James handbook is good for these.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

LTDave

Post by LTDave » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Thanks, Dough... I played last year and for the last 5 years... where is the STATS player profile? Sorry I am not accustomed to the new site yet

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:43 pm

LTD -- PM me your e-mail, I have what you need on an Excel file

Subscribe HERE

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:45 pm

Go to one of last years teams and search the player you need.
Scroll down, the info is in the middle of the page.

One weird thing though. STATS makes it harder to find these guys during the odff season, but it can be done through 'roster grids' and other methods.
On my tombstone-

LTDave

Post by LTDave » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:51 pm

Dough, I don't think I can... I haven't registered for any games this year yet so I can't see any past teams when I sign in, it just tells me to sign-up for a league...

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:59 pm

Dang, maybe it's because I've done some drafts this year. Still I had access to those teams before...
Hmmm, I'd ask Greg about that.
On my tombstone-

LTDave

Post by LTDave » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:09 pm

It's cool, Todd Zola hooked me up with just what I needed (JUST WHAT I NEEDED)... sorry 70s music reference hah

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:12 pm

LTDave wrote:It's cool, Todd Zola hooked me up with just what I needed (JUST WHAT I NEEDED)... sorry 70s music reference hah
'More than a feeling' you found the right man! :D
On my tombstone-

LTDave

Post by LTDave » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:21 pm

hahahaha... I was waiting for the "you weren't even born yet!" comment :p Good music is good music...

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:22 pm

NorCalAtlFan wrote:the draft room appears to be correct, the draft board is incorrect with a few players.
This

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:44 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
LTDave wrote:It's cool, Todd Zola hooked me up with just what I needed (JUST WHAT I NEEDED)... sorry 70s music reference hah
'More than a feeling' you found the right man! :D
That's what (cyber) friends are for

Subscribe HERE

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:06 pm

LTDave wrote:Dough, I don't think I can... I haven't registered for any games this year yet so I can't see any past teams when I sign in, it just tells me to sign-up for a league...
You have access to your past teams. You're using an old log-in Dave. Contact me at [email protected] for your log-in to last year's teams.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

chest .rockwell

Post by chest .rockwell » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Dave,

First I hope you can join on your own. If not let's talk. I love fantasy baseball in March, not so much in July and August. If I had a partner to help bring some of the leagues home I would sign up for more. I would cover all of the costs and then cut you in on the winnings if you are interested.

Hate to see you going through tough times...