NFBC Champions League For The Magazine

viper

Post by viper » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:40 am

can us lesser lights view the draft live tomorrow???

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:49 pm

Originally posted by viper:

can us lesser lights view the draft live tomorrow??? MDC is currently set up to handle only a few non-participants, so I'm afraid we can't handle too many. But I will post some of the early results on these boards. Sorry I can't handle more.

We'll post the KP Experts League draft results tomorrow as we just held that 12-team draft this afternoon. It was interesting. I'm also involved in a RotoWire.com Experts League draft tomorrow afternoon and maybe we can post some of those results, too. So get ready everyone because we should have some draft results online soon.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:52 am

I did not get the word document yesterday, did anyone else?

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:06 am

I still don't have a password for Mockdraftcentral. Is this how they respond to every problem? I've sent 3 e-mails. Greg has sent one for me. I like to have it before the buzzer goes off!!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:07 am

Shawn, I contacted Jason to have him send you an invite again. Let me know if you don't receive it.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:09 am

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

I did not get the word document yesterday, did anyone else? Guys, Tom will e-mail an early Cheat Sheet that we've put together thus far for the fielding positions. That should give you the player eligibility lists and a sense of our rankings. Look for that via e-mail by noon CST today. Good luck and I'll see all of you guys in the draft room tonight.

If you struggle with your passwords, contact Jason Pliml at [email protected].
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:11 am

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:

I still don't have a password for Mockdraftcentral. Is this how they respond to every problem? I've sent 3 e-mails. Greg has sent one for me. I like to have it before the buzzer goes off!! I just sent you a private message with your password and I'll confirm it with Jason. See you tonight.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:47 am

Fielder doesen't qualify at 1b, according to the rankings, is that correct?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:58 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

Fielder doesen't qualify at 1b, according to the rankings, is that correct? Correct. He'll only qualify at DH for the draft.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:33 am

Fielder doesen't qualify at 1b, according to the rankings, is that correct? That is correct and his designation for the NFBC on Draft Day will be Utility as well. He pinch-hit in 30 of 39 games and played first base in only 7. The Brewers had him on the MLB roster for two months and he played the field only 7 times. His position was Utility in the big leagues last year and that's where he will qualify in the NFBC until he plays 10 games at first.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Cooperstown

Post by Cooperstown » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:42 am

Greg,

Except for a few early glitches and some mysterious player re-appearances, it was a very well done draft, and much fun. The website is user friendly and easy to navigate. Thanks for arranging it.

So where do we go to FAAB for this draft? Is it even allowed?

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:27 am

Greg,

My sentiments exactly. The only player that wasn't available to draft was Kendry Morales in the 29th round. It was also undetermined if Morales would be a 1b or dh, thoughts?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:00 am

Originally posted by coops:

Greg,

Except for a few early glitches and some mysterious player re-appearances, it was a very well done draft, and much fun. The website is user friendly and easy to navigate. Thanks for arranging it.

So where do we go to FAAB for this draft? Is it even allowed? We'll get this league set up on the NFBC site before Opening Day and FAAB pickups will start the week before Week 1. Nothing before then. We'll play this league out and the winner will get a free entry in a $650 auction league in 2007 or a $500 2007 Satellite or Mid-Season League. Good luck all and thanks for participating.

Yes, the site is nice. Sorry we had one or two early hiccups, but things happen.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:02 am

Greg,

My sentiments exactly. The only player that wasn't available to draft was Kendry Morales in the 29th round. It was also undetermined if Morales would be a 1b or dh, thoughts? He didn't play at all in the majors last year, so his position eligibility would be his most games played in the minors. I don't have that in front of me, but I believe it would be first base. He would qualify at 1B unless I'm wrong about his minor league info.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Draftboard Guy

Post by Draftboard Guy » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:25 am

Greg- there was some talk the other night during the NFBC Champs draft about everyone throwing in $250. Is this going to happen? How do we get it organized?
Draftboard Guy

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:36 pm

Originally posted by Draftboard Guy:

Greg- there was some talk the other night during the NFBC Champs draft about everyone throwing in $250. Is this going to happen? How do we get it organized? I've been the one pushing that. I wasn't sure what Greg was giving for first at the time. I thought it was going to be really tough to donate to much time to this with not much at stake. I thought with an entry of $250, we could give a main event entry to the top three finishers. We could add Greg's prize to the winner also. I thought there was alot of interested the other night on the messeage board.

stan

Post by stan » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:50 am

The Champs draft went good. Somehow , 2 or 3 players were picked and strangely exchanged but no real damage. It is fun and easy. I think Jeff and I would still agree to the $250 - just need to know details.

gary(minute men - Chicago league 4)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:22 am

Originally posted by Draftboard Guy:

Greg- there was some talk the other night during the NFBC Champs draft about everyone throwing in $250. Is this going to happen? How do we get it organized? If everyone agrees, I'll collect the funds and pay out at season's end. I'm not sure everyone wanted to, but keep the thread alive and see how many you get. Even if you get 10-12 who want to, it's still worth doing. I know of only one owner who had two autopicks early who had troubles, but otherwise everyone seemed to get who they wanted.

You guys let me know what to do, but otherwise we're playing for the one prize I've offered.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Cooperstown

Post by Cooperstown » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:27 am

Greg,

Are you able to collect the funds via credit card, or do you prefer checks? And how should we forward you the payments?

I propose we set a final date to receive payment, probably early March and that total is split. If most everyone participates, I like CC's proposal of top 3 getting money. The more I think about it, splitting evenly between the top 3 isn't a bad idea at all.

Thanks for doing this Greg. Obviously it's some extra work for you guys to take the players from Mock Central's website and move it to yours.

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:41 am

I like the idea of not much difference between the top 3, especially when the winner gets 500 house money from Greg, but I would like some difference.

What about 1250 winner, 1000 second, 750 third

Greg,

Are you able to collect the funds via credit card, or do you prefer checks? And how should we forward you the payments?

I propose we set a final date to receive payment, probably early March and that total is split. If most everyone participates, I like CC's proposal of top 3 getting money. The more I think about it, splitting evenly between the top 3 isn't a bad idea at all.

Thanks for doing this Greg. Obviously it's some extra work for you guys to take the players from Mock Central's website and move it to yours.

Cooperstown

Post by Cooperstown » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:32 am

I'm ok with this too. The reason I supported the top 3 split is to lessen the chance for controversy. I see people shutting it down early if they think they don't have a shot. Therefore less comptetition on FAAB. Also, I doubt this league will get policed like the main event so if players get waived or other controversial things happen, we only have to figure out how it effects reaching 3rd place.

But it's not that big a deal. Since we don't know the money yet, how about 40%, 35, 25.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

[QB] I like the idea of not much difference between the top 3, especially when the winner gets 500 house money from Greg, but I would like some difference.

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:03 am

In the end I am up for anything you all come up with, as I said during the draft the level of competition is enough to keep me in it all year long. If I get killed it won't be because I did not take it seriously.

I'm ok with this too. The reason I supported the top 3 split is to lessen the chance for controversy. I see people shutting it down early if they think they don't have a shot. Therefore less comptetition on FAAB. Also, I doubt this league will get policed like the main event so if players get waived or other controversial things happen, we only have to figure out how it effects reaching 3rd place.

But it's not that big a deal. Since we don't know the money yet, how about 40%, 35, 25.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

[QB] I like the idea of not much difference between the top 3, especially when the winner gets 500 house money from Greg, but I would like some difference.

Team Herron

Post by Team Herron » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:36 pm

I am up for it

Team Herron

Post by Team Herron » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:09 pm

not to get math in the way, but where am I wrong.

$250 each x 15 players = $3,750.

$500 of House money from Greg = $500

Total Prize pool - $4,250

Your proposed payouts of $1,250, $1,000 and $750 = $3,000

Why not give each of the top 3 entry into 2007 NFBC.

Jesse

Philly CheeseSteaks

Post by Philly CheeseSteaks » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:54 pm

The champions draft went well on 12/13 and the idea of an entry fee of $250 with the top three getting 2007 NFBC entry will make it interesting for everyone. We agreed with the idea during the draft and agree now. The top team should still get the offer from Greg on top of the entry fee prize. This is our vote.

Godd luck to all team owners.